Marine Engineering Management Graduate Certificate
Note: This program is being revised. No applications are currently being accepted. Please contact the main office with any inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marine Engineering Management is a practice-oriented, part-time graduate certificate program designed to assist technical professionals and qualified students in the development of their careers and to provide the technical expertise needed in rapidly changing business, government and industrial environments.
The program is intended primarily for individuals who do not find a traditional master's degree program an appropriate option and who wish instead to pursue a program that offers an integrated set of courses taught by different engineering department faculty at FAU. All of the engineering and computer science courses will be offered on a rotating schedule designed to accommodate working professionals.
- Certificate requirements are satisfied by five courses totaling at least 15-credits focused on the application of engineering principles to naval architecture, marine transportation, port security and system engineering.
- The program is primarily designed for engineers and professionals working in mechanical, electrical, ocean, marine and transportation areas.
- Program courses will be offered either at the FAU Boca Raton campus or the Dania Beach, SeaTech site.
- Courses will be scheduled to facilitate completion of the certificate requirements in one year.
- Students enrolled in the program are classified as non-degree-seeking students. Credits earned by non-degree seeking students in the program may later be applied to a Master of Science degree program at FAU upon request to a particular program in the College of Engineering and Computer Science. One-third of the degree requirements in which grades of "B" or higher are earned in a non-degree status can be counted towards a graduate degree.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering or a related field such as science.
- Demonstrated competence on a university transcript (GRE scores are not required).